A business plan is an essential part of starting a business, it creates a future plan for your company that outlines your goals and how you are going to achieve them, as well as looking see opportunities and challenges, as well as mitigate risk, and helps to increase your chances of success.
A business plan consists of:
- A Company Profile: Who are you and what is your company about
- Market Research: Knowing and understanding your customer
- Sales & Marketing: How are you going to target and reach your customers
- Operations: What does it take to start your business and how will you keep your customers
- Financials: Is this venture profitable and sustainable. There are many great business plan templates. Futurpreneur has a great one here.
There are many options when it comes to financing your new startup, from friends and family, to loans, as well as grants. Here are a few options:
OLDS CARIN OFFICE
OLDS COLLEGE CENTRE FOR INNOVATION (OCCI)
Address: 4500 50th St Olds, Alberta
RED DEER CARIN OFFICE
RDC's CENTRE FOR INNOVATION IN MANUFACTURING (CIM)
Address: 100 College Blvd Box 5005, Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5